"This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50." Bill Gates
Business is going to change - it already has. The percentage of people working from home is on the rise. Many people have multiple streams of income - they work a day job at an office and have a business they are passionate about that they work from home in the evenings and weekends -which hopefully, one day will let them fire their bosses and have the freedom to work from home forever...unless you are one of those rare people who likes to work for someone else that makes your rules - you can keep commuting to your office each day!
Back to following your passion and realizing your dreams by starting your own business...You are all excited about starting your new venture...now you have some goals written down and a plan of action (from previous post)...Remember, no one can predict the outcome of even the most passionate, well planned business. But if you give it reasonable time and effort you will hopefully be rewarded for taking action. If you give up too soon, then all your planning and time will just blow up in your face. Make sure you give it your all - put the effort into your business. Remember, you can only reap as much reward based on the amount of effort you have put forth...
You may often get in a rut - especially working from home. It sometimes gets hard to stay on task and keep motivated. You must surround yourself with positive affirmations and other things that help motivate and drive you to complete your tasks. Examples could be keeping a vision board right next to your work area, placing pictures of your kids near your computer monitor to glance at while you are working, listen to motivational CD's or uplifting music while you are working (I like Jim Rohn - he tells it like it is)...whatever your vice might be, make sure you have it close to you for those times you just need a good kick in the pants!
Other tips that might help you stay motivated and on task...
(1) Get Busy - follow-up with your prospects. There is nothing more invigorating then getting in the trenches and closing deals.
(2) Get some exercise - physical activity boosts your adrenalin and gets your brain juices flowing.
(3) Drink water - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate - This keeps things working good inside and keeps you from overeating. You might think you are hungry but your body is actually telling you to water it!
(4) Smile - yes while sitting by yourself smile for 17 seconds...IT ACTUALLY WORKS!...“In the same way that there is not an instant wanted thing manifesting in your experience, there is not instant unwanted thing happening in your experience. It takes some adapting to vibrations. If you’ve managed to hold anything, wanted or unwanted, for 17 seconds — there is a coalescing of thought that takes you a little closer to the vibration of whatever you are turning your attention to. Those 17 second increments, are not discernible. And that’s why, when you get into that place, it feels like instant manifestation. Just like when you get into that negative place, it feels like instant manifestation. It’s like, “Where did that come from? Seemed like it just sort of snuck up on me,” instead of snuck up over a long time.”
Expressed by Abraham-Hicks
(5) Talk to some of your team members or your business partner if you have one...This will help you refocus and regroup.
(6) Be Realistic - "Your Life" will often get in the way of you completing a task. ..what I mean - you might get a call form the school nurse telling you your child needs tom come home, your car might break down, your computer might blow up. Find a way to stay calm in these situations. Change your mind set knowing you will make time to get these tasks done - but make sure you come back and complete what you started!
(7) The key thing for any business to grow is to TAKE ACTION EVERYDAY! I do not mean - clean your desk off I mean talk to people who want your product or service and start building relationships and closing deals!
Author - The Power Of Mentorship For Network Marketing
"Creating Dynamic Business Relationships One Connection at a Time"